In this post, we’ll go through how to install and get started with bootstrap with Laravel version 8 really quick. Nowadays, we need everything to be done via commands instead of configuring everything step by step manually.
Luckily, with Laravel you can do it. Just via using commands you can integrate Bootstrap with Laravel 8 in no time. It will take you no more than 5 mins to setup Bootstrap in your Laravel application.
Before we start, let’s get an idea about Bootstrap and why one should use it:
1. What’s Bootstrap? Bootstrap is a potent front-end framework used to create modern websites and web apps.
2. Why one should use it? It’s open-source and free to use, yet features numerous HTML and CSS templates for UI interface elements such as buttons and forms.
For detailed info, you can go to https://getbootstrap.com/
Okay so, without any further delay, let’s install Bootstrap.
Things required before going forward:
- Knowledge about Laravel framework
- Fresh installed copy of Laravel 8
1. Install Bootstrap UI Package
In this step, we’ll go into project directory and run following command:
composer require laravel/ui
Above command will install install Bootstrap 4 to your Laravel 8 application. Yep, just like that.
Now that we’ve installed dependencies, we are ready to use Bootstrap into our application.
2. Add Bootstrap 4 to application
This will be the last and final step. In this step, we’ll add Bootstrap to our application.
php artisan ui bootstrap
Next is to install other dependencies via NPM
npm run dev
Alrighty!! Now you’re good to go. Now your app is ready to work with Bootstrap 4 in no time.